Canadian immigration may require international students under the age of majority to secure a custodian while they study in Canada. Polar Trails Homestay Program offers custodianship services to international students under the age of 18 staying in a Polar Trails registered homestay or affiliated on-campus residence and attending full time classes at an authorized high school, college, or university program in Manitoba.
Custodianship Services Include
- Processing the required Government of Canada custodian/guardian declaration agreements, notarization, and couriering documents
- Monitoring the student’s well-being and performance and communicating any pertinent information to the relevant parties
- Liaising with the school/college/university, homestay family, and student’s parents
- Meeting with students on a regular basis for monitoring and assessment purposes
- Signing school parental permission letters on behalf of the parents upon request
- Assisting with addressing medical issues and doctor visits when necessary
- Transport service from airport upon arrival in Winnipeg
Polar Trails Inc. custodians agree to securing safe and appropriate accommodations, living within a reasonable distance from the student and school/college, and will respond to emergency situations when the parents of the student are unable to do so. Please contact Polar Trails Inc. at email@example.com for further information on the custodianship process and how you can apply.